Music Director Position
We are searching for a Music Director to join us! Our Music Director fo the past 17 years will be on leave for twelve months, so we are searching for someone to fill this role. This is a paid position.
- Do you have a heart for Jesus and worship?
- Do you have gifts and skills in leading a music worship team in weekly services?
- Do you have time in your schedule for a one year term position starting February 2019, or even a portion of the year?
If you answer yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you.
We are Glen Acres Baptist Church in Waterloo, an active church with a blended congregation of ages, nationalities, and music styles. Music plays an important role in our weekly service, where we currently have multiple worship teams leading congregational singing of contemporary worship songs, but also enjoy traditional hymns led from the piano. We also enjoy a seasonal choir over the Christmas and Easter season and other small ensembles for choral singing when the opportunity presents itself. Our Music Director is central to all of this: working with the Pastor to plan the service, leading the team in weekly Thursday practice, and playing with the team during the service.
Ideally you have
- Leadership and communication skills to direct and rehearse worship teams
- Confident skills on the piano or keyboard, as part of a worship band and solo playing
- Experience and/or training in leading music worship
- Approximately 10 hours a week available to work with us, including Thursday evening and Sunday morning
For further information or to submit your application, please contact Glen Acres Baptist Church at firstname.lastname@example.org