Short History

1956 - 2017

Glen Acres Baptist Church began when a founding body from what we know now as Highland Baptist Church began the mission of "Glen Acres Congregation of King Street Baptist Church." Some 35 people from the home church joined together under the direction of Rev. William Jones to begin the Glen Acres congregation. The first recorded service took place on June 17, 1956. Early on there was association with the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec, and church recognition was granted in 1958. The BCOQ denomination was renamed the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec in 2010. To learn more about the CBOQ please visit www.baptist.ca